Friday, December 01, 2006

Raya - OAG

Yes, the Raya at OAGRadhi. I've been so busy with work at office that I didn't have the time to write this blog. Yes, that's cos this is gonna be a long blog. So, it needs a little more time.


Anyways


I've manage to get BookAddictSweech at the very last minute to go for the function. Picked her up at SS5 and headed towards or destination.

Well, not like I know where was it. We took some wrong turns and all, but thank god I already know a landmark they had sms me. Or else god knows where would we have ended up. From the landmark, we continued our search around the area. Not like I was too familiar with the area, but was worth trying to locate it. I get to learn new places and, new directions :-p

"Did you tell them you were bringing a friend along?"

"Ehh...no...kinda forgot leh..."

"Ohh..."

I know, I know. My bad. But heck, I guess I was really just feeling awkward since I barely knew them.

Anyways, we manage to find the place after seeing the cars parking around the area. Parking the car opposite of the road, I saw BrothergerTermidzi (OAGRadhi's bro, who is also OAG's manager) just parking his car across. He got out and recognize me, but forgotten my name.

"Hi! You're Jane right?"

"No, its not Jane"

"Ehh? No meh? Alamak...then ehh...what's ur name ahh..." Snapping his fingers and thinking hard. He was going to take out his wallet to retrieve my name card when I said:

"Yeah its Jane." Smiling away.

"Hah?? Hey, then I was correct la!"

"She's just teasing." BookAddictSweech added.

"Hee..." Still smiling away.

I intro the BrothergerTermidzi and BookAddictSweech and walked towards the house.

"Hey, nice baju kurung." BrothergerTermidzi commented when we entered the house compound.

"Thanx." I had a few people telling me that, but I kinda forgotten who was it. Tee hee.

We headed towards the house. It was a banglow.


Now where the hell is that Radhi? Hmm, maybe if I look harder I can see him.


"Now let me see...where is that Radhi...Ahh, that's Radhi." Pointing to a Malay guy dressed in light brown baju melayu.

"Ohh, ok."


OAGRadhi was kinda busy walking up and down, greeting and entertaining all the guest. I didn't wanna disturb him.

He was greeting the guest that was sitting down in our row. He greeted BookAddictSweech before me.


"Hi...you are...??"

I smiled at him.

"JANE! You came!" He snapped suddenly.

Aha, he remembers me. Its rare for people I meet remember me when they only met me once. Heck, even I'm bad at it!

"I thought you were not coming, since you didn't reply my message."

"Ohh. Sorry for not replying." I still feel awkward to reply the message though. But heck, regretted not doing so.

"Ehh sayang..." Turning to his back calling his wife.

"This is Jane. Remember we met her at..." He went on telling her where we had met.

"Ohh, wait. You were not there with me right?"

"No, I didn't go with you that night."

"Ohh ya! I forgot. Jane this is my wife, and this is Jane"

"Hi." She smiled and we shooked hands. She was really pretty.


The first thing we did? We headed for the drinks instead of the food. I know BookAddictSweech was more of thirsty than hungry. I wasn't even hungry. Beat that. We took sips and walked back towards the food area. OAGRadhi was carrying a cute little boy.


"This is my son." Ohh, its his son.

"So cute! What's his name?"

"Radiff." Ra...what?


I manage to get a picture of the little tyke
Aww~ and he's only 1+ year old


I didn't get the name clearly at first, but I didn't want to ask again till later when I have better oppurtunity. Our conversation was interrupted by some other guess that happen to came by. We then helped ourself to the food. Food wasn't like some big gathering kinda thingy, but heck. It looks good. Telling the truth, I didn't have much of appetite. Maybe cos I'm not use to the environment and I keep wandering if we're late. We had to find the place anyways, that took up a bit of time. Thank god I know where the landmark is. It was easier to locate then.

Finding a place to sit and eat was a litle hard. Manage to get a spot. Hmm, I didn't eat much though. After finishing the food, went for more drinks.

We move ourselves to where we had been sitting earlier. Thats the best place to get a good view of the whole acoustic show. Its nearer to where they will be performing. I wanted to take some photos.

Damn, when was the video camera people there? I didn't even notice it!

Suprisingly that BookAddictSweech was a bit more chatty than usual. She was chatting with the girl that was sitting beside her without me noticing. The girl's name is Zahirah, and she's actually a really big fan of OAG. She interviewed them once for her school mag. She's taking SPM this year, wish her all the best. She called over one of the OAG member. She intro us to him. He was Eric, the bassist. She keeps claiming that he's got no life. What a way to intro someone. Hehe.

Later we realize that those people with the video camera that had recorded us earlier are actually from TV9

o.O

What?! TV9? Hmm, and BookAddictSweech was happily waving at it and saying be friendly. She didn't know that its gonna be on TV9 either. Hehe.


BrothergerTermidzi was chatting with me during the waiting of the performance. Thats also when I got the oppurtunity to ask OAGRadhi's son name again. Hehe. I actually knock on a drink behind me and spill on him. When the hell was the drink there? Where it came from?

"Ohh my god, I'm so so sorry..."

"No, no. Its ok."

The best part was - he thought the drink was mine, and I thought it was his. I didn't knew it was there (it was nicely place on the 2 seater chair handle I was sitting on, the back of the handle to be exact). Who the hell would know if you put it there? Made me feel so bad for BrothergerTermidzi since I spill it on him. Thank god he only gotten a bit on drink on him.

The funny part about BrothergerTermidzi? He kept introducing me to each people twice! He keeps forgetting for some reason. Blur case guy already. Not even night time yet man. Should have said he must have been "drinking". Tee hee.


Finally, the Acoustic Show started. It was pretty good. I know some of the songs from them. Its really cool.

I took some shots of them performing. Don't ask why its not clear. Taken from a camera phone yo, so please don't expect high end quality ok >.<" And yes, people blocking my view too. I still manage to get good pics of them however.

Some of the pics had only 4 of them. OAGFizul was late to making an appearance for some reason. They had a short break, to set up OAGFizul guitar. They were back to track, singing the evening away as time flies.

















I remember asking BrothergerTermidzi what was the little tykes name. He then told me the name was a combination of OAGRadhi's name and the Father-in-law's name. Now thats where he had gotten the name.



Like father, like son...and he's holding a guitar
(trying to follow the bassist, OAGEric...aww)


I even took some videos of the show, but then its not so clear and the sound is so-so. Maybe I'll put it up just for the fun of it. Unfortunately, my phone can only record 9secs per video >.<" That sucks big time. But then, not much can be done anyways. Better than nothing. BrothergerTermidzi offered to get drinks for me if I want during the performance. Yays! I don't have to get up and go and miss the performance. I happily smiled and passed my paper cup to him. Yes, me bullying people :-p


The show ended around Magrib time. Most of them went to do their evening prayers. We had a tour of the house. Nice place, and they had a pool at the back. Cool~ and they even had chairs at the pool area where you can sit and chill out. I wish I had a pool. BrothergerTermidzi was doing the honour of giving us the tour of the house. He told us that sometimes people use this place to shoot some of the tv series or movies. Extra money, why not right?


We finally went back to the front of the house. Thinking that I wanted to get a drink and then chat a bit and shoot off from there. Since I didn't know anybody, was a little hard to minggle around. Everyone seem to have their own gang around. I saw some of the OAG members, including Radhi, having dinner.

"Jane! I thought you went home!"

"No, not yet. Was having a look around in the house."

"Come and makan la."

"Masih kenyang la. You guys can go ahead, no worries."


We sat down at the corner and chatted for a bit. We were talking about mostly everything, the house, the songs OAG sang...stuffs. Then came over OAGRadhi and OAGEric, and chatted with us for quite a bit.

OAGRadhi had to pray, so OAGEric stayed to continue chatting with us. We then later exchanged email, since all of us had msn. Hehe, a good way to keep in touch. I'm most of the time online.

OAGEric claimed he had to go already. He left, and BrothergerTermidzi chatted with us. Later, came back OAGEric. I have forgotten what he had came back for, sorry Eric :-p

We then decided to take our leave. We have been around for like 4 hours already. We both were kinda getting a little tired and I had to sent BookAddtictSweech home. Told BrothergerTermidzi that we needed to go. He was trying to get OAGRadhi to say goodbye, but I guess he was kinda busy so I didn't wanna disturb him.

BrothergerTermidzi walked us to the car. I really wanted to take photo with him and OAGRadhi, but they both were kinda busy, especially OAGRadhi. And he disappeared when I wanted to take photo. Ohh well, maybe they'll be other oppurtunities. Maybe when I get my new camera by then. Hehe

As we just reached my car, I heard someone calling my name. I turned my head and look behind to see OAGRadhi & OAGEric coming out from the house's direction.

"Jane!! You're going off ahh?" OAGRadhi called.

"Hah? Aiya, I said no need to kacau him mah if he busy..."

"I messaged him earlier..."

"Ohh..." Now I feel bad.

"Going off ahh Jane?"

"Ya, its kinda late already. We've been here for hours already."

"Ahh. Hey, this Saturday, we're performing for Fly FM Fly-niversary. Extreme Park Sunway...come la."

"Ehh, that one need tics la to get in."

"Hah? I thought the tics were free..."

"They are free, but you still gotta find a way to win it. There is no particular place you can just go and pick it up. You have to either win it online, or find the cruisers that go around."

"Ohh, ye ke...? Hmm...hey you guys come with us la."

"Hah...?"

"Ya, you can come with us la."

"Ehh, how...?"

"With us, just ride with us la..."

Well, it went on. But then again, I don't know if we will be going for this thingy. I may have plans up that I can't remember. I have to look in my daily diary for reminders. Yes, I can be extreamly forgetful.

After having saying our goodbyes, we headed to Kayu Nasi Kandar mamak for dinner. Imagine me entering there in my baju kurung. Feel so weird. Cos everyone was mostly comfortable in their t'shirts and shorts and jeans, while I'm in a baju kurung. Anyways, we had our, chatted away about the dinner and about OAGRadhi and the rest.

I was actually suprise at how humble OAGRadhi is. He's really nice once you get to know him. Not like some other arrogant people, knowing that they are an artist and have name and fame. OAGEric was really nice too, though we didn't chat much. I have met another guy once, also our local Malaysian artist. Will blog a little on how we met, it was quite interesting and I still remember it quite well. Tee hee :-p

I sent BookAddictSweech home after that. I took the highway and headed straight for home.

Phew, what a day. I know, this is so far amongst my longest blog. I don't blame if most of you have stop reading it halfway. If its interesting or boring, do let me know at least (Comments - Magic Dusts).

Some magic dusts perhaps?

No comments: