Tuesday, October 31, 2006

OAG

I promised mom and dad that I joined them for "Raya" dinner that evening at my dad's friend's place somewhere in Puchong. We were running late cos I had finish work late that day. I had to stay back to finished something for my Creative Head. Dad had to wait an hour for me, I didn't drive that day. He sent me to work, cos I was too tired, and he came early to pick me and ended up waiting instead >.<"

We arrived at my dad's friend's house about 8.15pm. We entered the house, into the kitchen / dining area where the food was placed, buffet style. They invited us to help ourselves. The food was delicious. I was in love with potato-in-the-jacket. I had 2 of it, its my fave dish ever! Hehe, greedy me :-p

Anyways, we manage to find ourselves a small place at the dining table. After for sometime, more people came. Looks like we're not the ones that are late :-p

We made apace for them and still sat around the dining area. Dad was chatting with his friend, and he made new friends as well. Dad was always this chatty and friendly (maybe that's where I got my character). Mom and I were chatting, and also listening to dad chatting and all.

Pretty much the same thing as always when I follow mom and dad for their frend's thingy. But heck, free food anyway - was thinking to myself at that moment.

As we continued with listening to their chat, another group of people had come in. One of them was this malay guy nicely dressed in a red baju melayu and songkok. He was wearing a stricking colour, so most of us noticed him.

My dad's friend introduced him to everyone that was at the dining. He then introduced him to my dad. "This is my friend Eddy." My dad stood up to shake his hand and greeted back. He then pointed to me.

"This is Eddy's daughter." I stood up to greet him politely.

"Wah! Hou leng. Hou leng ahh." He exclaimed as he shook my hand.

Is he speaking chinese? Hmm.

I knew where dad was. I just headed back into the kitchen and dining area, where there was a door opened out to the back. That was where they were barbequing the food. And there was my dad, sitting at the wooden table chatting with the youngsters. They were probably around my age or older. The guy in dressed in red baju melayu with songkok came out from the house to the back. He joined in the chat as well, taking a seat on the empty seat opposite my dad. I found out much later that his name was Radhi.

"How old is she?" Radhi asked.

"She?" My dad sounded kinda surprise.

"Teka"I answered.

"Ahh..." Sounds like he must be bad at guessing.

"Teka je." I always love to see people guessing my age.

"Ok. 16? Or 17?"

I was pretty surprised for that moment I couldn't really give a reply.

"Yeah, she's 16." Beamed my dad happily. Dad's just cute.

"No, I'm 24."

"WAH!!" All of then exclaimed, taken a back quite a bit. No one seemed to believe I was already 24 years old. Well, that kinda made my day now! Hehe.

I hanged around with dad, then he walked back towards the house to go see his friend who was the other side. As I was walking behind my dad, Razali handed me his namecard. I then handed him mine.

"Hey, I wanna pass to that guy..." Dad was referring to Radhi who was sitting behind me. I helped dad to take his card and passed it to him. At the same time, I passed him my namecard as well.

"Here's my dad's card, and this is mine." I handed the cards to Radhi who's still sitting at the table.

"Ok, thanx. So I will call after 12"

"Ohh, why must it be after 12?" I asked out of curiosly.

The whole lot of them there were laughing.

"No la. After 12pm is business. After 12am is personal." Hmm, was he hitting on me?

"Ohh...no wonder I was wandering why after 12." I know, they're just teasing.

"Personal mah."

"Aha."

Just as we thought dad was about to go home...he ended up sitting outside chatting with the rest of them.

Aww, no going home yet. Mom and me ended up going back into the house and watched tv. No one was there, so we switched channel. There was Jet Li in one of his movies. I just love his acting, and his kung fu.

Razali came in and sat with us. He was telling us about how good the show was and that he's mom is chinese but he can't speak. Mom wac chatting with him most of the time while I listened on. We send smses to dad, but however he didn't read them. We were really tired. Finally we just mom went up to dad and said its time to go home.

Finally.

Radhi was sitting outside and Razali came to join us outside to say goodbye to us. Dad shooked thier hands. Radhi shooked mine.

"Its nice meeting you Jane. Mayeb I'll give you a call or something after 12."

"Haha."

"By the way, what's Ld? Laser Disc?" He asked and joked when he was reading my name card.

"Ohh, asked my mom. She'll tell you"

"Auntie, what's LD?"

"Ahh, Laser Disc!" Mom just had to teased me more didn't she? -.-*

They were all laughing.

"Ok. Now seriously what's LD? Is it Lady?" Turning back to me.

"Yeah it is Lady."

"Wah pandai you." Exclaimed mom.

"Ohh, nice name."

"Thanx. By the way, I didn't get your name." Am I bad with names.

"Radhi. Just remember "radio" then you will remember my name."

"Ohh. Haha, ok"

Radhi's name is pronounced as "Radi", which I actually mistook it for the spelling of his name. I did a bit of research on OAG. I was sure that Radhi is from OAG, but I didn't dare to ask him. I felt bad enough asking him his name, more or less asking which band is he from. Anyways, I continued my research. But there was not much info on them, except that I found their myspace page instead -.-"

And then something striked me.

KhooCheng knows details about OAG. Now why didn't I just ask him.

I smsed KhooCheng, but there was no answer for a while.

" " What is OAG's full name? " "

After sometime I got his replied.

" " OAG - old automatic garbage. " "

What??

I was correct!! Radhi is from OAG!! What a discovery. Yeah, I know it sounds kinda pathetic. But to me it I guess it was excitement. Hehe, something different for a change.

I kinda regretted not taking a photo with them to remember. Lately I love taking photos. Anyways, I still have their namecard! Hehe! Better than nothing!


No comments: