Well. I have intended to but not through this way. Its way too painful...(trust me on this)
Anyways, we continued to celebrate like the usual way we do. Grandma was in Singapore this year, so we didn't have the usual dishes she makes once a year. My mom & I bought a few simple dishes & mom made soup. At least simple yet worth efforts were taken to make something out of the situation.
I had the usual relatives coming over for visits. But this year...I had BigBroFysh & BigBroNidz to visit me (trust me, its rare to get friends to come over & visit me...especially these 2!). It was really great to see them, see how they've changed (looks, sizes...fatter or thinner? :-p).
What was great also that JoversePing & her family visited me too. Its rare to get her to come by too, even though we've been friends for already 13 years...well, it was fun that day, we took lotsa pics since JoversePing keeps saying the photos are not nice :-pNight time, the usual gathering at my cousin's place in USJ side. Nothing much, I do get to see some of the relatives that don't come over to our place during the day. Eating, drinking & chatting the night away...
2nd day of CNY, we headed back to Malacca (dad's hometown) where most of dad's side of the relatives are & where we all gather to meet one another. Like I had said...this year was different. Singapore aunt didn't come down saying that her husband was not around (I think it also might be cos my grandma is over there instead of here with us); KL aunt Maggies said since her in-law has passes away, she "pantang" this year; then KL aunt Maureen said she's scared to see dad since he last made noise at her. Sigh...
Usually I would find Malacca packed & full of life. This year, I found it kinda quiet....& a little more dead. There are other tourists & other people who have came over to Malacca, but not our usual gatherings with the relatives. It felt like a tradition & its been over the years till this year is so...I feel as though the tradition we had for years has been broken...
Feel unusual, but then things happen for a reason.
But the gambling tradition has not yet been broken though! Hahaha...my parents & the rest of the relatives in Malacca had gambled all the 3 days (my parents stayed till Monday). They had good laughs for sure, & mom said she make some :-) Well, I know my young uncle had made the most. I watched the 1st night how they gamble, & I was having very good laughs.I had a getaway in Cherating on the 4th day of CNY, followed NAOTat & Megan back to home to KL...Fluffy fetched me from their place to go home to get my stuffs to prepare for Cherating.






1 comment:
nice shirt!
the 5th pic
exam over
woohooooo!
Post a Comment