Tuesday, March 25, 2008

NikeWomen "This Is Love" Event

I attended the NikeWomen event almost every year since the fist time I went for it a couple of years ago. This event is catered just only for the women. So guys, eat your heart out :-p nah, was just kidding. But yes, no guys are allowed to attend for this event.

DianBangVanes was suppose to attend this event with me but unfortunately, things took a turn & instead my mom came along with me. DianBangVanes had jamming sessions & was afraid that by the time she meets me I would be late for the event (which starts at 5pm); she asked me to go ahead. Mom was with me cos we just had collected the car from its usual service at the mechanics.

Every year, I would wait for the NikeWomen event to come. Every year, the theme for it is always different (thats said without a doubt) & I always find it interesting how the event would turn out. Questions would start running in my head, what would it be this year; how would the event be set & where is the location for this year; what are the decorations; what activities & programs they would arrange; what performance would they have...the list just goes on. This year's theme was "This Is Love".

We arrived at the place at 4.30pm, & it was starting to get packed already (eventhough the rain was so heavy that day...more like a rainstorm!). Anyways, the event started late, about 5.15pm. It was kinda tired & I pitied my mom since we all were standing & waiting for them to let us in. The crowd was pushing when we started moving in! Wish people would be more patient!

Finally when we got in, we had collected our goodie bags (which they had nicely lay it on the floor in rows) & we headed in. Its actually tempting to grab another one since its so near! Hahaha :-p

My mom & me walked in & saw what they had installed. They had Pole Dancing session, rock climbing, mini soccer...



I found it interesting that they had used live models instead of using the mannequins. Just keep wondering how long does the model have to stand in that position! BUT...it was a super cool idea :-D


Look at the crowd~ packed ain't it?


Yes yes, I choose from the overall of makeover, hair styling & nail art!! Hehehe~ luckily I was earlier, so I only had to wait for just 2 persons then it was my turn to do nails~ nyahaha! I had actually intended to do all of them, but then it was time consuming & I was sure I had to wait for a long time to wait for my turn for the other 2. I was right. After I was done with my nails, I saw the huge crowd at the makeup & hairstyle seats. I decided to forgo that since I already had my nails done.

There was food & drinks being served. I saw waitresses walking around carrying trays of food & glasses of drinks. As I was doing my nails I noticed mom Had manage to get a mineral water for herself to drink. She sat aside & waited for me (she hates crowds!). Thanx so much mom :-)

The event, Che'nelle was to perform together with probably the usual Nike chosen instructors to present the new moves for Nike dance. What else was there on the list I had not pay attention to it. Walking around to have a quick scan around the place, A hand had reached out & grabbed me suddenly~ turns out to be my Combat Instructor Terrence's girlfriend! She scared me for a bit, yet it was really nice to bump into a familiar face :-) she came late & didn't manage to get a goodie bag. One of the Fitness First consultant, who I always greet in gym was there too. She came over to say hi then disappear into the crowd. Busy working there finding newbies to join the gym. They always have to reach a certain amount of new members to enroll every month. Not an easy job since they have a target to reach.


Was a pity that we had to leave early. Mom was a little tired & I had to attend a birthday dinner that night at some club in KL. So I send mom to dad's place, drove over the get DianBangVanes & headed over to her place to prepare for the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kool place to be... In the meantime, just dop to say HI;-)