Thursday, June 19, 2008

In Pain...

I hurt my back badly when I was driving into The Curve underground parking. I took the ticket, took the turn & the next thing I knock the curb with the back tire. I guess I must have been thinking of something & my mind was not really concentrating on the driving & my surroundings. The moment I hit the curb, I had felt the pressure on the lower left back of the body.

Fluffy was on the phone with me then. He heard the loud bang & was asking what was it, & I was ok. Told him I had knocked the curb without realizing. It just happen so fast, with a loud "BANG" in the background.

I had felt a slight pain, but after parking the car, I didn't feel it anymore. I thought probably it was only a temporary pain, like just for that short time since I had felt it immediately when I knocked. So as usual, I went up to gym. Headed for the Attack class since there was nothing else on. After doing for half class, I cut out since I felt really really pain at my feet. Must be those darn shoes I bought from Nike. Bloody hell, I thought those were suppose to be comfy!! I bump into CassandraKash, & he told me that it might be cos the shoe is still new. He asked me to continue to run in it first for a couple of weeks & see how it goes. Oh well. We'll see in 2 weeks. I run on the treadmill for 15mins then headed for shower.

After showering, I packed my bags, dried my hair & put moisturiser. CelineWong was waiting for me so I had to hurry. She said she would accompany for dinner if I like. After packing the last bit into the bag, I grabbed the bag...

when I felt the sharp sting at my lower left back.

I had to place the bag back down onto the sofa for a while. Ouch...that was sudden. I manage to grab my bag onto my left shoulder again & headed out from the gym. I & CelineWong then headed for dinner, & we both parted our ways to go home. I called Fluffy on the way home for a while. I had an uncomfortable feeling at my lower back, but I didn't want to take to much notice of it. Wehn I got home, all I could think of was lying down & just rest.

Through 3 hours over I couldn't sleep. Mom had helped me put heat lotion on my injured back earlier on. Its past 2.30am & I'm still awake.

I couldn't sleep. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't sleep.

Why can't I sleep? I guess my mind was disturbed a little, & I felt a small tear filling my eyes. My back wasn't helping either...that was making me more awake. Its just so hard to sleep with the pain. I don't know which side to lie down on; my back, left or right? I think left is off cos I will be putting my whole weight onto the injury.

Fluffy had called a while to check on me. He probably was wondering how come I still haven't sleep. He went out for a meeting & came home after. Fluffy & me were having a tiff, & ended up he was asking me why did I go gym if I knew I had such a bad pain in the back The fact? I thought I was alright to go, cos since I had stopped the car & didn't feel anything.

I woke up this morning at 8.00am. I had woken up earlier, but was tired & pain to get up immediately. I took a shower, carefully trying not to bend too much & got ready to head to work. As I was driving to work; thats when the pain came again. I had forgotten to ask mom to help me put heat lotion before I left for work earlier. It was painful while I was driving. Maybe I shouldn't have drove today.

DiscoSweech was telling me something online. I just mentioned to her that I might not responds as she expects me to, as I was not in a fantastic mood. The pain can come anytime if I move or do anything to strain it. I've mentioned to her that I've hurt my back.

"Too much gymming?"

"No no. I hit a curb. It has nothing to do with gym..."

"It was an accident? Did you see a doctor for this, could be whiplash..."

What on earth is a whiplash? I was wondering. I was asking DiscoSweech.

"Of course accident la, tak kan I wanna ram into the curb! Unless I wanna kill myself, I'll ram into a pillar la. Choy"

"Choi! Eh after accident like that the jolt could hurt you you know. No harm checking. Did it damage the car?"

"No, luckily. Well, I felt a bad impact a bit. Mom was asking if i wanna check doc...cos it was pain when i was driving to work. Ohh well...might have to tahan for the whole day...if it doesnt get better by tonight, tomoro i'll go to the doc for a while or not just leave it be...how bad can it be?"

Actually even in the office I'm not walking so fast. I felt another pain at my lower back this time round. Wonder is it from the same impact...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bad bad Curb.. came out of nowhere and hit your car!!!

Need to notify the public and authorities to beware of this dangerous moving curb