Suddenly there was a loud sound...
my car's windscreen cracked!!
"Ohh sh*t~!!!" Was the first thing that came out of my mouth.
I then quickly signaled & slowly drove my car into the left side into the emergency lane. I felt my heart beating fast & I was starting to feel panic. First thing I called mom's phone, & dad picked up. Told him what had happened, & he said he would come immediately.
next I called Fluffy...was so scared, as I can hear the glass cackling sound...as though it can just about shatter anytime. Fluffy stayed on the phone with me...he was worried. Thanx for accompanying me dear, appreciate it :-*
I called office, told them that I might not be able to come in that day. It was too risky to move the car any further...even to home. The cackling sound continued, & Fluffy could even hear it from the phone. It was creepy...
I thought then that it might be better for me to try to move the car towards underneath the flyover where I can get some shade from the sun when mom & dad arrives. I drove out slowly, hazard lights on & manage to move over to the shaded spot. I then soon realized...that I'm exactly at the spot where the last major accident happened. Yes, the one I had blogged about; the accident I could have been in. I felt the chills just went by me as I recall that daddy had met an accident near there as well. Seems like an accident prone spot...
Soon after, daddy arrived together with mom. Daddy had to make sure that he placed newspaper all over inside the car; then he used the mallet he brought along & hit the windscreen clean off. It was too dangerous to drive with it still cackling & ready to shatter with any more pressure on it.
As dad continued, mom said to me, "Dear, you accident the same place where papa had accident; & also the other day's accident. This place really...you very really lucky that the windscreen didn't shatter."
Yes I was. Its even more creepy now.
I was watching dad doing the whole process of what should be done when things like this happen. Its a good lesson for me, getting to learn what to do. Was too panic at that time to think what else to do already. After everything was done, dad had told me take his car & follow him from behind in case of anything. There was no protection or what so ever, it is very risky as anything can just fly straight to him. All the way we drove to home...with hazard lights on, slow & steady...finally we reached home safely.
I had felt a little down, cos lately things have been a little complicated & not so good...seems like my car is going into the ICU for a week or more. Mom's suggestion, though I had that in mind already before. Seems like this month of the Hungry Ghost Festival is really turning things terribly wrong for me. Hoping for this week to pass soonest...the very 1st day of this month has already taken 2 life's in the previous major accident...






2 comments:
OMG! At the exact same spot - you are freaking me out! You gotta be careful. Is there no other road to use beside this one? Btw, next time you shld apply a thin piece of film on your screen so that if it cracks, the glass will still stick and not rain down on you.
I was in the same boat about 3 months ago. I was driving down a winding country lane at about 60mph when a stone or peice of loose gravel from the road flicked up and made a massive crack on the passenger side of the cars windscreen, were talking a foot long.
As soon as I returned home I got on the phone to a friend who pointed me in the direction of Autoglass who were very helpful, gave a fast service and above all quoted me a very nice price. So if anyone has this unfortunate situation I recommend them.
Post a Comment