High heels are actually a hazard to one's feet.
Most people generally wear it more like a fashion statement. In almost every girl's wardrobe, they will definitely own at least 1 pair of high heels to wear for a certain occasion. Which women would not have one? Chances are - none. Heck, even I have several pairs for many occasions; but then I have threw out a few that cause me pain feet and some damage overtime. I now also look mostly for low heel design that are suitable for outing, work and even events. I do however, always had a problem when it comes to finding the right heel; numerous times they are not suitable as they are too high, doesn't look great when you wear them and most importantly - NOT COMFORTABLE. I have a friend who can't wear anything flat as her feet hurts - she can only wear super high heels. It's strange yes.
I spotted an article on high heels and were telling on the hazard of high heels after the long run. I bet every women knows that, but still love to donned in one gorgeous heel when it comes to an event or if it makes them look fabulous.
Heck, they say that Lady Gaga was wearing an Alexander McQueen’s 12" heels in Bad Romance music video! Now I wonder how she stands in them, I bet they are uncomfortable to walk in, maybe more for just fashion. Apparently there were even models that refused to wear them during a runway event! Imagine that...
Heck, they say that Lady Gaga was wearing an Alexander McQueen’s 12" heels in Bad Romance music video! Now I wonder how she stands in them, I bet they are uncomfortable to walk in, maybe more for just fashion. Apparently there were even models that refused to wear them during a runway event! Imagine that...
I even heard from mom that it is bad to wear high heels no matter what. It will not affect us now of course; but in time it will.
It has been advised, as most women would most likely not stop wearing heel to look good but...perhaps it is best to wear it less often. Maybe like when you're driving, or perhaps when taking a public transport that requires you to walk more. If your feet hurts while you are wearing that heel - it is also advised not to wear them as they will continue to injure you feet after over the years of use.
A piece of advice by doctors:
Massaging your feet and rolling them over a golf ball or ice when you take off your shoes at night and gripping a towel and holding your foot up for 15 seconds, three times a day, can also help strengthen the intrinsic muscles of the feet
Why hazard ourselves? Prevention is better than cure, though I know most people would still continue to wear heels all the time.
It has been advised, as most women would most likely not stop wearing heel to look good but...perhaps it is best to wear it less often. Maybe like when you're driving, or perhaps when taking a public transport that requires you to walk more. If your feet hurts while you are wearing that heel - it is also advised not to wear them as they will continue to injure you feet after over the years of use.
A piece of advice by doctors:
Massaging your feet and rolling them over a golf ball or ice when you take off your shoes at night and gripping a towel and holding your foot up for 15 seconds, three times a day, can also help strengthen the intrinsic muscles of the feet
Why hazard ourselves? Prevention is better than cure, though I know most people would still continue to wear heels all the time.




No comments:
Post a Comment