Friday, May 21, 2010

DKNY

DKNY (short for Donna Karan New York) the modern apparel and accessories corporation, was founded in 1989 in New York by Donna Karan, head designer, her late husband, Stephan Weiss, and fashion management company Takihyo Inc. She was inspired by her daughter, Gabby. Karan had a challenging goal of combining comfort and luxury in her clothing lines to appeal to her target market. Karan believes that whatever design she creates, it begins and ends with the body. DKNY became a publicly-traded venture 1996, and in 2001, was purchased by LVMH, Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessey, a French luxury corporation.

Donna Karan, chief designer of the international company that bears her name.

I've bought the DKNY Be Delicious Pop Art Optic last year and loved it. So far from the many brands of fragrances that I have purchased and used over the years, DKNY is amongst the only brand that I love all the apple range scent; from the Red Delicious, Be Delicious, Delicious Night, Be Delicious Fresh Blossom, Delicious Pop Art Optic and Fresh Blossom Art.

They have actually also released 3 limited edition Candy Apple range; Delicious Ripe Raspberry Candy, Delicious Sweet Caramel Candy Apple and Delicious Juicy Berry Candy Apple. I don't really like the scent; don't seem very...delicious? Maybe its just my preference on fragrance.


Candy Apple Range

After last year's green dotted limited edition version DKNY Be Delicious Pop Art Optic, a new limited edition arrives decorated with pink dots. This fragrance announces awakening of spring and romantic feelings.



DKNY Fresh Blossom Art is a limited edition presented in 2010. The perfume is fresh and dashing. Its luminous and playful notes originate from top notes of grapefruit combined with French black currant buds. The composition continues with juicy and romantic aromas – peach zest, floral accords of lily of the valley, rose, jasmine and a hint of apple.



I haven't bought this little baby as yet. I am yet eyeing it, since I do adore the scent. Hmmm, 2 people still owe me presents and keep asking me what do I want. Perhaps, this is the best gift to suggest to them. Ohh, my housemate has the Be Delicious Fresh Blossom in her room. She got it as a gift. She sprayed it once, love the smell.

They are going to have a counter in the middle court of Mid Valley next week. Thinking of going there and getting it :) as my birthday gift!! Wee~ :p

No comments: