Monday, October 23, 2006

Deepavali Reunion

For the first time, I actually got an invitation to a Deepavali open house (since most of my friends all "balik kampung"). It was my high school friend, HighSchoolVasathi. I haven't met her in the longest time since after high school. I guess the last time I saw her was in the year 2000. That's already...woah, 6 years?? But she kept changing her phone number so it was hard to keep track of her.

The reason we got in touch recently is because I didn't change my phone number for more than 5 years.

Imagine that.

SexyJing claimed I haven't changed my handphone number in ages.

"You know, you haven't change your number in ages. God knows how long you have been having that number!"

"Well isn't that good? At least most of my old friends can find me back through this number and its good since you remember this number!"

Well today I went out in the evenings with mom. Dropped her off at 1 Utama to hang around while I did some minor errands (nearest place anyways and the best). I picked her up later part of the day, around evening. So happened that I was planning to go to HighSchoolVasathi's place, since she had messaged me to come over for Deepavali. Sha called SexyJing as well. We contacted one another, and have arranged to go there around dinner time, 8pm to 8.30pm. Mom wanted to go yamcha, so I decided to bring her before going home to take a shower to go HighSchoolVasathi's place. Thinking to make it a short one instead of our usual longer sessions of yamcha. Mom just loves yamcha-ing :-)

We went to Kayu SS2, the usual place we go for yamcha on Saturdays (Its also the nearest to dad's place, and mom's fave place :-p). It was suprisingly not so packed as yet. It was around 6pm. 7pm came, and heck, the place was even more packed. Most of them to "bukak" puasa there, and some to have dinner. I saw the time, and decided that its time to go. Mom agreed to, since HighSchoolVasathi has already moved place (and I have to find where her new place is located). Mom left her seat and headed to the counter first, while I was trying to get outta my seat. The malay women behind me was sitting out, and having a kid on her lap.

Damn, why must this women has to sit so out?? Can't she sit a bit inner? I was thinking to myself. I'm trying to understand that she has her kid on her lap, but still...sheesh, she can still move in a bit. Don't tell me the person behind you doesn't have to go out?? I had to push the table out to get up from my seat. Can't you try seeing that?? Sheesh.

Upon getting up, I couldn't exit to my left. Everyone had seated down and block all the way. That's going to be so difficult, to squeeze and keep excusing myself to pass by each and everyone to get out. My right is the glass-door, which is closed. Well, I've choosen the glass door, its easier and probably faster. I'm suppose to be "belanja-ing" my mom the yamcha for a change. Hurrying, I had to open the glass-door at the knob (where I can place my finger in the small shallow gap there to pull the door opened), and I pulled it opened. I had pulled the glass-door a little hard.

I didn't realise that the glass-door was kinda loose - and before I knew it, it flew to the other end of the other door and my finger still in the gap was slammed in between.


OUUCCCHHHHH!!!

I was about to yelp out the shrieking pain that had striked me. But the heck, I couldn't do that and draw attention. There was just way too many people there. When it hit, I felt a really sharp pain, and saw colours before my eyes.


NOW THAT REALLY HURTS.


I kept quiet, quickly exitted from there and headed to mom at the counter. She was already waiting for me there. I was holding my right hand middle finger with my left palm to soften the pain.

"Mom, can you pay first? I just slammed my finger..."

"What...?"

"Cos I can't take out my wallet with my hand. It's really pain..." and I walked out of Kayu and waited for her.

I felt guilty doing that, but it was so pain I couldn't think of anything else at that time. It was a sharp pain. Mom came out and we headed for the car.

"Wah mom, its so pain that I feel like its bleeding..."

I looked and my finger. I saw a small puddle of blood at the side of the nail.

"Sh*t, its really bleeding..."

"What?? Go to the car and put a plaster on it..."

I know mom couldn't stand the sight of blood. Walking towards the car, I started seeing colours. I've really got a bad one this time. We quickly went into the car, and mom helped me to get my plaster out of my wallet and plastered my hand for me. I always carry plaster in my wallet, as I tend to get cuts easily.

Momwas worried that I couldn't drive. I insisted that I can, and that I just needed to rest a while. After 5 mins, we drove off and headed for home.

It was not easy to drive. I couldn't bend that finger. Soon the fingers beside it hurts as well. They say that every parts of the body are linked in someway. It hurts even more. I needed to hold that finger with my palm to cool the pain. I had to ask mom to do it. She hold my finger in her palm (well, I couldn't let go of the steering in the middle of the highway!). It sounds silly, but it helped to cool down the pain. I felt bad for mom. She was more worried than ever from the look on her face.

Reaching home, I had to go and take a shower and get ready. Grandma came home that day from Singapore with my AuntRita. She was here to attend a function, so they were staying a night at a Hotel Nikko. They're going back to Singapore the next day, and grandma was following them.

"What happened to your finger?" Grandma ask.

"I dah slam kat glass-door la ma..."

"Aiii, ape dah jadi?"

"Nak cepat la tu. I pun tak tau yang glass-door tu longgar, dah la tolak and the next thing I know I dah slam my finger between...I pun tak tau yang glass-door dia tu longgar..."

Grandma heard about it from dad. He had called us earlier in the car to see where we were. Mom told him that he had to send me to my friend's place cos I wasn't in the condition to drive. Mom insisted.

About to enter the shower, I got a call from a number I don't recognize. What a bad time when I needed to get ready as I was gonna be late.

"Hello..."

"Hi, is this Jane?"

"Yes."

"Hi, this is Kit, calling from True Fitness. You have a friend that joined and has placed your name here."

"Ohh, ok."

That was a long coversation. It was a little irritating and all.

"You sound so cute. How old are you?" He ask, after chatting for a bit. Was he trying to get me to join True Fitness or is that really a compliment?

"Ohh, I'm 24."

Well, the rest of the conversation was just about the gym and stuffs. Hearing I'm a gym freak make him insisted me to come over and see. What he didn't know that I was already a gym member with Fitness First for already a year and a half :-p

Finally, got ready and left the house with mom and dad. Earlier I had called HighSchoolVasathi to let her know that I was going to be late after some mishap in the evening. She smsed me her new address so I can try to find her place. She had called again, and I ask her for directions. Went to the wrong place, but manage to find it in the end. I had her come down to get me since I don't know where and how to go up to her place. She came down and greet my parents. She invited them, but they declined as they were gonna meet a friend of theirs.

"Hua Hua (SexyJing's nickname that we use to call when we were in highschool) and Mok are waiting for you so they can eat."

"Aiya, why didn't they just start? I said I was gonna be late. Now I feel guilty..." It was 9.20pm.

"Already started a bit la. I initiate to start. Haha"

That was a good thing, cos since I said I was gonna be late. So we all sat down and ate. It was good to be like the old times the 3 of us. HighSchoolVasathi claimed that whatever is nice is what she had cooked. Haha.

SexyJing claimed that Mok was going to be the pregnant one. Me and HighSchoolVasathi insisted on her getting married so we can see the MIRACLE. That was among the best jokes we were cracking and having good laughs.

"You 2 faster marry la, so I can still be your bride's maid while I'm still SEXY." - SexyJing

"See la this girl. Want us to marry so she can be our bride's maid." - HighSchoolVasathi

"Yeah la." - Me

Laughing the night away, I wanted to take some photos of us together.





Mom and dad were in SS2 Pelita mamak having yamcha-ing session with their friend. It was raining, and I was thinking I have to wait for them. SexyJing and Mok send me over since it wasn't far off from where they're going. It was better that way.

I've reached Pelita, and found mom and dad over there. Their friend claimed I looked so indian that day cos of my top :-p

So tired after reaching home (since I sat there and wait for them to finish their session, and I ordered a drink as well), the first thing I did was washed up and packed for gym. Was going to go to gym the next day.

Phew, what a Deepavali Day this was.

No comments: