Monday, September 08, 2008

SNATCH THIEVES ENCOUNTER~!!!

I was so so lucky today. My heart is still pounding; still shaking all over my body; my neck still hurting from the encounter; my mind still remembering the whole scenario.

I almost lost my bag to snatch thieves just downstairs my office!!

My colleagues keep telling how lucky I am. The 2 guys on the motorcycle stopped near me pretending to take a stop. The next thing I knew - the guy was tugging my bag from me!!

He tugged it, pulling me together off the chair!! I had then did a huge tug pulling my bag back~ & I got it back, it slipped from his grasp!! I believed he was afraid since my colleague, a pretty big build guy, stood up to attacked him. After the guys ride off, I was hugging my bag. Trying to just laugh off, so that I can cool myself off at the same time. Deep inside, I was still shaking...

My colleagues were talking, they were asking Gobaind (my big build colleague) if he had gotten the number plate of the motorcycle; he said they had covered it up. Damn...

Another guy colleagued of mine had shouted out load, and everyone had heard it so everyone had stood up. Probably thats another reason why the snatch thieves had run for their lifes. Another colleague had quoted to me:

"You are VERY LUCKY, but they were even LUCKIER."

He was right however. Cos if they had gotten hold of those thiefs, they would have gotten one hell of a bashing from all my guy colleagues. As we walked up, I keep thinking that if I had lost my bag; this would have been my 3rd time I lose my bag to snatch thieves.

Kajee got a shocked when I came upstairs & told him. He keeps telling me at least I'm safe & nothing had happened. My colleagues advised no more handbags. I guess I got used to it. I will not bring my bag down with me from tomorrow onwards.

I had called Fluffy for comforting & to tell him what had happened. I felt bad waking him up from his rest, but I just needed comfort from him. I honestly wish I can get a hug from him, but I know he's busy with his work. Anyways, sorry for waking you up Fluffy, thanx for the advices & comforting...I really needed that...

My HR has send out an email to all my colleagues about the encounter. It reads:

Hi All,

A word of caution to all those who normally patronize our ‘5-star’ eateries in front off our office building especially to the ladies, as there was an incident today involving one of our colleagues whose bag almost got snatched while sitting at one of the stalls by 2 individuals on a motorcycle pretending to stop to get something.

A word of caution also to others as to not place your cell phones, car keys or anything else valuable on the table while at the stalls or anywhere else for that matter.

‘Stay Alert, Exercise Caution and Be Safe’.

People were just asking me about it. Kajee had told his boss Michelle Iking as well, & she insisted I was lucky. Peggy, one of my gym instructors & colleague, said to me, "Maybe its time to get back to COMBAT." Later, she advised again no more handbags from now on.

Seems like my back hurts now besides my neck. I might need to go for a check up tomorrow. The pain seems to be travelling...looks like might take a MC or emergency leave tomorrow.

PEOPLE...be AWARE of your surroundings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks God you are safe, that's more important!! My GF got knock by a motorbike bully end of last month! Err... Hope you are fine now, Cheers!